When you think of Spirituality for most people the first thing that comes to mind is God or religion. Some people also think of being connected to the cosmic life.
To me spirituality is becoming more connected with yourself on a deeper level so you are able to deal with the chaotic world around you in a calmer way.
GREAT, so where do we start this magical journey of a more connected calmer self?!?! I’m glad you ask… We are going to start with meditation. ***commence the groaning and eye rolling*** 🤪🤪
Believe me I get it you have all the reasons and excuses as to why you don’t want to meditate – I don’t think there is one out there that I didn’t use myself. But the reality is meditation is one of the top 3 things you can do to keep yourself healthy. The other 2 are physical activity and nutrition. I personally rank meditation out of the 3 as the top because if you don’t have a clear mind/vision nothing else matters and you will not achieve your fullest potential.
OK FINE I’ll play along with your silly meditation what do I need to do.
1. Pick a time that you can devote about 10 to 15 mins each morning uninterrupted. My ideal time for meditation is 5:15 am because during the week hubby is on his way out the door shortly after this so the house is quiet. Even on the weekends I try to stick to this time – but if all else fails weekends are at 6:15 am. This may mean you have to set your alarm 15 mins earlier or maybe you just decide to not hit the snooze button 10 times.
2. VERY IMPORTANT – pick a spot in your home (not your bed or bedroom) and make it your own Zen/meditation area. The reason behind this is so you are happy to go there and sit. My spot is in my “Healing Room” where I do my BodyTalk sessions because well I love that room and what it stands for. Anyways I purchased a couple of throw pills so this way I can put them off to the side after I’m done. Some of you may have an area where you can keep it set up but that’s not me.
3. Make sure you use headphones/ear buds they are very helpful to keep your mind focused.
4. IMPORTANT! Set everything up the night before. Take a few minutes to set everything up (ie: phone, laptop what ever you are going to use for the video). I also put my throw pills on the floor, fill a cup with water and some lemon juice I put in the microwave so all I have to do is press start in the morning.
5. Morning – RISE, PEE, MEDITATE! Every morning I have my alarm set for 5 am. I get up, press start on the microwave, pee, chat with hubby for a few minutes and then go sit in my room and get comfy while drinking my hot lemon water. It takes me about 3-4 minutes to get comfy.
6. Enjoy! If you treat this like it’s a chore it will be and you will have a hard time reaping all the benefits.
I’m not asking you to meditate for hours on end 10 – 15 mins each day will be just perfect and if you decide later to start increasing GREAT but if not that’s cool.
For myself I do guided meditation because I find it easier to focus and clear the mind chatter.
Here is the guided meditation we are going to use:
Head over to my facebook page if you would like to participate in this challenge.